Thursday, March 4, 2010

Clearwater Complaints



I know, I know. It's one Spring Training game, and the game was blown by a guy who will never see the Bronx this year, unless he buys a ticket. But a couple of things bothered me about today's 3-2 loss to the Phillies. Get used to this. Whether it's a Spring Training game, regular season game, or Chutes and Ladders, I will complain when a loss occurs.

1. I have subscribed to Gameday Audio at mlb.com, and I really enjoy it. For $19 a year, I can listen to every single game on the radio at my desk. This will really help out on weekday games, since there's no television in our office. I hear that Sandals Antigua has Internet, so I'm set on my honeymoon (just kidding, honey). When the Phillies picked up their walk-off victory, I had to hear broadcaster Todd Kalas (son of Harry) that the Phillies had earned a bit of "retribution" against the Yankees today. Not sure if a Spring Training game would make me feel better about losing the World Series, but whatever works for him.

2. On yesterday's post, I commented that Nick Johnson cracked an RBI double and scored from second on a base hit without getting hurt, which I was very excited about. Stupidly, I forgot that he could get his spikes caught on a tarp and strain his lower back during batting practice the next day. Get ready for a long season of Nick Johnson pulled muscles and hang nails.

3. Come on guys. It's the second game of the Spring. Facing Roy Halladay and the Phillies, let's at least bring all of the regulars with us to start the game and let them get a few AB's against one of the best pitchers in baseball. Don't give me Hoffman batting second, Randy Winn, and Brandon Laird. In fairness, the Phillies didn't play Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Raul Ibanez. Would I be complaining as a Phillies' fan? What do you think?

4. According to WFAN's Mike Francesa today, an anonymous member of the Yankees stated that he received a text message from Johnny Damon, who's been in Tigers camp for just over a week now. Apparently, the text message said something to the extent of Damon regretting not taking the Yankees' 2 year, $14 million offer. Nice job Johnny. That's why you'll always be an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment